Sunday 19 December 2010

Forthcoming: Rollinades


Further to the rather inadequate tribute to one of my favourite directors found below, I was thinking that next year, it might be good to undertake a kind of ‘overview’ of Rollin’s work here, and as such I’m going to try my best to write something about one of his films, say, roughly once a month during 2011.

Despite the fact that his first four vampire movies are very much the cinematic holy grail for me, Rollin made a lot of extremely strange and interesting films that extend far beyond the common view of him as “the guy who makes the sexy vampire movies”, so I will try to concentrate in particular on some of the less well known entries in his filmography. Hopefully it will be learning process for both of us, as there are still quite a few of his ‘minor’ works that I’ve yet to get around to watching, and hey, it’s likely that amazon.co.uk won’t be desperately trying to shift their warehouse surplus of all those Redemption DVDs forever, so now seems a good time to catch up and complete my collection.

In the meantime, Top # 25 Horror Movies count-down will be recommencing imminently – let’s just put this week down as ‘compassionate leave’.

No comments: