Cross-posted with Stereo Sanctity.
Here, as tradition demands, is this year’s All Hallows mix CD, presented for your listening pleasure, and hopefully allowing you enough time to incorporate its delights into your festivities, or dark and solitary rites, or whatever else you’re up to this weekend.
Rumours that I’m now running short of material for these mixes after eight years should be treated with the derision they deserve, and listeners may be assured that, if mainstays such as Roky Erikson, The Cramps and The Misfits are absent this year, newcomers like Bum and Vanilla Fudge should make for more than adequate replacements, and there’s even the world premiere of a new Skull Tennis track to get your pulse pounding too. Thrilling stuff and no mistake.
Featured movies this time around are ‘The Devil’s Nightmare’ (Jean Brismée, 1971 / soundtrack by Alessandro Alessandroni) and ‘The Psychic’ aka ‘Seven Notes in Black’ (Lucio Fulci, 1977 / soundtrack by Bixio, Frizzi & Tempera), with a little bit of ‘Gli Occhi Freddi Della Paura’ aka ‘The Cold Eyes of Fear’ (Enzo G. Castellari, 1971 / soundtrack by Ennio Morricone) thrown in for good measure.
Whatever you’ve got planned for Saturday night, I hope you can find some enjoyment herein.
2. Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera – Suicidio (Prologo)
3. The Raveonettes – Attack of the Ghost Riders
4. Thee Tsunamis – Haunted House
5. Clinic – Walking With Thee
6. Black Time – The Mummy
7. Alessandro Alessandroni – Devil’s Nightmare
9. Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera – Fuga
10. Lair of the Minotaur – The Wolf
11. Apache Dropout – Ghost Stories
12. Skull Tennis – Gorilla in the Castle
13. Ennio Morricone – Seguita
15. Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera – Tunnels
16. Affinity – Three Sisters
17. Bum – God of Darkness
18. Vanilla Fudge – Season of the Witch
19. Alessandro Alessandroni – Dark Dreamer
21. Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera – Strane Visioni
22. Loren Mazzacane Conors – Blue Ghost Blues
23. Haikai No Ku – Saltes of Humane Dust
25. Dawn of the Replicants – Fearless Vampire Hunters