Thursday 18 February 2010

Repo Chick Trailer.

In common with many right-thinking people out there, I've long counted Alex Cox's ‘Repo Man’ as one of my favourite films.

In fact, ‘Repo Man’ sits alongside ‘Night of the Living Dead’, ‘Vanishing Point’ and ‘If..’ on the very short list of films that, rather than just watching a coupla times, I could happily run on a loop, forever, and never tire of. Catch me in a particularly exuberant (read: drunken) frame of mind, and I’ll even try to tell you that ‘Repo Man’ is the ‘Citizen Kane’ of the post-punk era – the film upon which all subsequent unconventional/low budget genre movies should be judged.

And I guess Cox has followed a career path of suitably Wellesian capriciousness ever since, but however many times he’s managed to snatch failure from the jaws of victory, he’s nonetheless cemented himself first and foremost as one of the good guys in the world of cinema.

Now in 2010, he’s back with this;



Um…. yeah.

Click here for a link to Cox talking about the reasoning behind the film, his hatred of golf, his realisation of Los Angeles' essentially female nature and much else besides.

Please, please Alex, make this one good.

2 comments:

JRSM said...

I've been trying to sell people on the merits of Cox's near-future version of 'The Revenger's Tragedy' for years, but so far I feel like its only fan.

jean-paul said...

Just wondering if you ever got around to seeing Repo Chick? I watched it last night and enjoyed it tremendously. It was pretty light and silly, but genuinely fun, and the lead actress's performance was excellent, she really got the tone of the film right.