Monday 31 October 2022

Happy Halloween Everyone.

 Well, I certainly enjoyed that.

My records indicate that I managed to fit in 36 feature length horror films during October, which I think may be a personal record (although I can’t claim I managed to entirely stay awake through all of them).

I confess it proved a struggle to find the time to write about at least some of them here whilst also attending to a bare minimum of real life responsibilities, but I hope you enjoyed at least some of the stuff I came up with.

Thank you to everyone who posted a comment this month by the way, and huge apologies for the fact I didn’t get a chance to reply, but, well… deadlines for posting were pretty frantic. Your thoughts and kind words were hugely appreciated, anyway.

Now that this blog is finally back in action, I’ll do my best to keep in going… I might take a week or so off, and aim to get back in business with some book-related posts to start off with. Let’s see how it goes.

In the meantime though, here are a few links to some of the more substantial new reviews I’ve done this month, in case anyone missed them along the way:

Draguse ou le Manoir Infernal (1974)

The Beast With 1,000,000 Eyes (1955)

Love Brides of the Blood Mummy (1972)

Glorious (2022)

Murder Obsession (1981)

In The Earth (2021)

The Horrible Sexy Vampire (1971)

Anyway, enjoy whatever devilry you’ve got planned for the big night tonight, and we’ll catch up soon, I’m sure.

2 comments:

MajorWeir said...

Ben - It’s been great to have you back posting again regularly, and I’ve really enjoyed reading along through the Halloween season. Particularly interesting to see that your thoughts on the Love Brides/Horrible Sexy Vampire releases from Mondo Macabro, which must have hit your doormat and player around the same time they did mine, and gave rise to similar mixed feelimgs!

Ben said...

Thank you so much Major Weir - it's hugely gratifying to know people are still reading, and getting something out of these post.

And yes, 'mixed feelings' is probably about right for those Mondo titles, but they're both kind of fascinating in their own way, and it's a rare thrill in this day and age to discover movie in a field as thoroughly picked over as '70s horror that can still make you think, "what the hell am I watching here?!" -- I feeling I'm pretty sure will be repeated soon, when 'A Haunted Turkish Bathhouse' arrives! : D