Monday 30 September 2019

October Horrors 2019: intro.

I’m sure I don’t need to remind readers that it’s that time of year again, so, beginning tomorrow, I’m going to try to get a new review of a horror movie (or some similarly seasonal horror-y stuff) up on this blog once every two days until the big day at the end of the month.

Here in the UK of course, enjoyment of our favourite holiday is liable to be marred this year by some gruesome business of an entirely different order, but regardless of how things pan out, I hope this writing project will give me a nice opportunity to put those battles aside and… I dunno, think some nice thoughts about Peter Cushing and Norman J. Warren and funny business going on in dusty old manor houses, I hope?

So, here’s modestly hoping that my rambling can offer a similar happy place so at least a few others this month, regardless of where they live (because goodness knows, few areas of the earth really offer their residents much of a reason to dance around in a spirit of carefree optimism at present). As usual, horror movies might help, so let’s watch ‘em whilst we can.

As in prior Octobers, usual standards of proof-reading and comprehensibility may suffer because I’ve got to knock these posts off pretty quickly, but we’ll see how it goes.

No comments: