Thursday 8 October 2015

Four Poes.


(Everyman Library, 1975 – cover photograph by Graham Tucker.)

(Panther, 1967 – “Cover illustration shows ‘Venus Asleep’ be Paul Delvaux. Reproduction by courtesy of the Tate Gallery, London.”)


(Signet, 1960 – cover illustration unaccredited.)


(Digit, year unknown – cover illustration unaccredited.)

Normal posting schedule to hopefully be resumed shortly, but in the meantime, to help get us in an appropriately Autumnal / All Hallows-ish frame of mind, please enjoy this gallery of paperback Poe editions I’ve recently acquired.

By the time my own autumn has done come, I predict I will probably own about 147 printed versions of ‘The Gold Bug’, but, such is the vividness and variety of illustration & design work assigned to Poe collections over the years, I find it hard to say no when I spy one of these on the shelves.

Also, re: the Everyman edition pictured above, let’s just say that if that is indeed a ‘photograph’ as the back cover states, I want this Graham Tucker on my hypothetical payroll, pronto.

No comments: