Thursday 24 March 2011

Liz Taylor post.

So obviously this is one that’s gonna run and run: no doubt we can expect mammoth obits in the Sunday papers, TV marathons, retrospective seasons at yr local picture palace etc. etc.

This isn’t really much of a ‘classic Hollywood’ kinda blog (you might have noticed?), so I’m afraid I don’t really have much to add, but I was kinda tickled when the BBC radio obituary I heard last night ended with; “Elizabeth Taylor appeared in a lot of films she should have said no to, but she will be remembered for her iconic roles and unique glamour in the ‘50s and ‘60s”.

No prizes for guessing which part of that equation we here at Breakfast in the Ruins would encourage you to celebrate.

KA-POW!


(My review of ‘Secret Ceremony’ perhaps doesn’t read too good these days, but I blame the film itself for temporarily(?) reducing me to the movie-blog equivalent of a babbling, shell-shocked fool; never before or since have I gone to the cinema expecting a relatively conventional movie and been presented with something so thoroughly fucked in the head…)

No comments: