Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year’s Intermission.

Dear Readers –

I trust you had a enjoyable winter solstice / Christmas break, and wish you the very best for the New Year. My apologies for the sluggish pace of recent posting on this blog, but…. eh, you know how it goes. Let me at least state again that I greatly value your readership, that I’m really happy that people seem to read and engage with the stuff I post here, and that it’s only lack of time, rather than lack of enthusiasm, that prevents me from posting every day.

Anyway, this is just a quick note to alert you to the fact that by the time you read this, I will be flying high on my way to Japan, where I am spending the next few weeks. I’ve scheduled a couple of geographically appropriate movie reviews that will keep things slowly ticking over until I return, but I’m afraid it’s quite likely that I won’t be able to approve or respond to comments, edit posts, and so on, until mid-January.

(Oh, and just in case you were wondering, Breakfast In the Ruins isn’t becoming an all-Asian blog either - it’s just that things have been heading that way a bit lately! If things go to plan, perhaps I’ll even find time to review a bunch of dusty old British horror movies in the new year, just to prove the point.)

So, in short, 2013 was a great year, and I’m confident 2014 will be even better. I hope you’re able to say the same, and I’ll try to bring you back something nice from Tokyo.

Sayonara for now!

Ben

No comments: