Wednesday 1 September 2010

The World of Eclos
by Rex Gordon

(Consul Books, 1961)


Here my friends, we see what is surely the very apotheosis of two-fisted sci-fi.

You get the feeling any egghead who starts complaining about time travel paradoxes or photosynthesis is gonna be met with a knuckle sandwich in this book.


Leaving aside the gender politics for a moment, you gotta love the idea that the guy in this book considers a job piloting the first rocket to an unknown world to be “short, practical and strictly business”.

If you’ll allow me two posts in a row with a music tie-in, here’s Mike Rep & The Quotas, on a Rocket To Nowhere, and I’m off to roam around Iberia for a week with no internet access, so see ya soon!

3 comments:

Love is in the Smog said...

Ben, you are great. Nuff said :)

Insectman said...

I love old Sci-Fi. Philip Jose Farmer, Sam Delany, Philip K. Dick...

Makes me nostalgic for an era I never lived in.

But that stuff is beautiful. I hate popcorn, though. Read why at:

iamyourblog.blogspot.com

Kev D. said...

Amazing. He doesn't know, but, boy, he sure doesn't like her. Obviously, because she's a woman. Anyways, just discovered your blog as a "Blog of Note" and dig your taste in movies etc...

Keep it up!

highway10revisited.blogspot.com