Friday 1 January 2010

Blue Moon.


So, I’ve been trying to think up a good way to mark the new year, new decade, xmas season in general etc. on a blog that’s essentially dedicated to the celebration of weird, old 20th century junk of one kind or another. As you may have noticed, I didn’t come up with much, and setting myself the task of knocking out fifty record reviews for the other blog probably didn’t help.

Trying to do a similar end-of-year round-up here would have been pretty farcical: I think I saw a grand total of four newly released films during 2009, three of which were the kind of high profile releases you’d probably expect someone like me to go and see, and about which I thought more of less what you’d expect someone like me to think about ‘em. I didn’t read any books published in 2009.

Still, that big ol’ blue moon w/ partial lunar eclipse last night was pretty perfect timing, huh? Hope anyone & everyone reading this is enjoying the first day of the ‘10s, needless to say.

As I write, I’m sitting in a snowstorm downloading some Flamin’ Groovies albums before the phonelines cut out – life is good.

I’ve got a couple of freaky, overblown movie reviews more or less ready to go in the next week or so, so watch this space.

(Picture above purloined from Negative Pleasure 2.)

No comments: